Dallas Sports Powerhouse

 

 

 

 

 

Thursday, November 23, 2006

It's Turducken Day!

I woke up this morning and began to reflect on all I have to be thankful on this day of celebration.

A big smile came across my face as I thought about QB's. That's right. It's plural. I'm thankful Colt McCoy is known by the nation and helped fill the shoes of the largest figure in Texas football history. I'm thankful he's played with such heart as to overcome his teammates' mistakes and had his team in a position to maybe defend their title before getting hurt against K-State.

I'm thankful Tony "The Terrific" Romo seized the reigns in Dallas. I'm thankful his play made the offensive line less of a factor. I'm thankful he made T.O. and Jason Witten larger parts of the offense. I'm thankful his success overshadowed the T.O./Mike Vanderjagt circus. I'm thankful the Cowboys are 3-1 with Romo starting, should be 4-0, and are now poised as a contender in the NFL.

I then thought about basketball. I'm thankful the Mavs recovered from their worst start in years to win the next seven games. I'm thankful they are now a deep enough team to win with Josh Howard on the shelf. I'm thankful centers Erick Dampier and DeSagana Diop, adequate last season, seem to be molding into a near dominant tandem, and this without D.J. Mbenga healthy to provide a few minutes of explosive energy each game.

I'm thankful the Dallas Stars, for all their inadequacies, still perform at an lite level. I'm thankful the acquisitions of Eric Lindros, Mikle Ribeiro, and Patrik Stefan are paying off offensively. I'm thankful rookie goalie Mike Smith gives the Stars an alternative for those time Marty Turco is not quite himself.

So be thankful sports fans. There's plenty to celebrate today. And here's hoping next November Ron Washington and Barry Zito top the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
Scott Boswell
JD Allen
Jason Patlan
Jarred Dunn

Links

Dallas Cowboys
Dallas Mavericks
Dallas Stars
Texas Rangers
Texas Longhorns
1310 The Ticket

Archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 January 2009 February 2009

Friends of the Program

MZone
Burnt Orange Nation