Dallas Sports Powerhouse

 

 

 

 

 

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

You are the Dancing Queen...

Example

I'm convinced that I have the greatest boss ever. (He reads this...so I HAVE to say that) Between bouts of work, two topics dominate our conversations: Politics and Sports. I admit, I have caved on some of my political views after hearing the other side of the story and having no systematic or factual way to oppose the argument. (Other than "what I've heard somewhere") I am a man of research and I do not fully trust the manner in which the liberal media presents its information. But, I also don't conform my views to what Rush Limbaugh's opinions are on the matter are as presented by most liberal thinking individuals. My boss, while a Rush enthusiast, also does not cater to this bridge of conform. He is also able to give well explained non-homeristic discussions with regards to college sports. All-in-all, he is one of the smartest people I know.

But, then I came into the office today...

I went on hiatus to Houston yesterday for training purposes. We exchanged our how-to-do's and the conversation quickly shifted to sports. "Why haven't you covered the most significant local sports story in the past two years?" he said. Not wanting to look the fool, I stammered while I tried to think of any accomplishments that I may have missed while down in H-town. I finally admitted that I perhaps missed the BIG announcement and pressed him for more information. "Emmitt Smith is in the finals for Dancing with the Stars" he said matter-of-factly.

Oh really now?

I remember hearing that Smith was on the show but I didn't pay any attention to it. I think the whole premise of the show is cheesy, boring and most importantly...I wouldn't know a good dance if Baryshnikov himself did the funky chicken. After jabbing him about actually knowing the information, I got the standard "my wife watches it so I watch it" excuse.

Frankly, I don't buy it. He's hiding something.

Just because I can name the winners of the last three seasons of Project Runway doesn't mean that the wife dominates my remote. Just because one never wears corduroys with striped shirts because the Fab 5 from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy say it's faux pas doesn't make them less of a man. No sir. I wanted to watch those shows because I am trying to culturally diversify my life. The newest trends and lessons on "manscaping" are important areas so often overlooked by a sports-dominated society. If wanting to make the perfect creme brule makes me wrong, I don't want to be right.

So, with that, good luck to Emmitt Smith as he tries to bring yet another title to the Dallas area. I'll be rooting for him right outside the dressing room of Dillards.

Purse in tow.

Update: It seems that Emmitt has danced his way into the winner's circle. A national championship...and now this?

Example

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
Scott Boswell
JD Allen
Jason Patlan
Jarred Dunn

Links

Dallas Cowboys
Dallas Mavericks
Dallas Stars
Texas Rangers
Texas Longhorns
1310 The Ticket

Archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 January 2009 February 2009

Friends of the Program

MZone
Burnt Orange Nation