Dallas Sports Powerhouse

 

 

 

 

 

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Still Hopeful?

Example

"Well, if I don't have hope, then who has it? I won't let the negativism that permeates this town from week to week stay in place because if I'm negative about it, then I'm afraid my players will be. I'm not ready to put the flowers in the hearse."
--Bill Parcells

I am glad to see that Bill is so confident. Although, I guess he can't stand in front of the press and say "That's it! We suck. Let's pack it up. Gotta hit the links by ten. I need some Mountain Dew - anybody got 50 cents?"

Wasn't this supposed to be the team that finally "made it?" What has happened to America's Team?

This is quite possibly one of the most bizarre Cowboys teams I have ever watched. (I have only been on this earth for 28 years, so I cannot speculate on the trials and travails of Roger Staubach, Bob Lilly and company. I do remember Danny White a little bit, though - and Rafael Septien. Ah, the eighties Cowboys. Good times.)

A veteran starter benched for a rookie who gets intercepted on his first pass. Said rookie then wins four straight games. Cowboys merchandise once again is the number one seller in the country.

A not-quite suicide courtesy of Terrell Owens, followed by this release of his children's book. Spectacular defensive collapses. Romo gets a Pro Bowl invitation for what amounts to only five good games. (If that is the new standard for Pro Bowls, why isn't Vince Young there?)

The team can finish with a 10-6 record, but after the debilitating loss to the Eagles Christams day, the clubhouse is rife with dissension. Terence Newman called out Terrell Owens (not by name, of course) and bemoaned the fact that "some" players talk a big game but don't back it up.

Julius Jones and Terrell Owens complain about ther role in the offense (Although, this is hardly a jaw-dropping surprise in Owens case.) Romo, doing his best Brett Favre impersonation, has been intercepted seven times in the last four games.

I am sure that we will have many an opportunity to bemoan the myriad blown chances the Cowboys have had to set up a golden playoff run. Now, with the division title and the number two seed slipping away, a hello-and-goodbye playoff loss is becoming inevitable.

Then again, I could be wrong. Maybe the Cowboys defense willl suddenly discover a pass rush come January. Maybe Owens will not build on his league-leading 14 dropped passes and continue what has become a sterling season for Cowboys receivers. Maybe a win against the hapless Lions on Sunday will provide the spark needed for the first Cowboys playoff win in ten years.

Coach, I'm trying to be hopeful too. Let's see what happens.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott Boswell said...

I think the chances that the Boys lose in the first round are 10-1. The defense can't hold anybody and the offense is anemic at best.

Such a waste.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
Scott Boswell
JD Allen
Jason Patlan
Jarred Dunn

Links

Dallas Cowboys
Dallas Mavericks
Dallas Stars
Texas Rangers
Texas Longhorns
1310 The Ticket

Archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 January 2009 February 2009

Friends of the Program

MZone
Burnt Orange Nation